Stay cool this summer with this healthy, dairy free strawberry, banana ice cream.
Hello hello to you all from this sandy, overheated part of the world, where all I am thinking lately, at more than 45 degrees Celsius is to move my residency in the freezer. Having to deal with this unbearable heat, my culinary subliminal monkey brain was constantly revisiting the option of a healthy cooling dessert. I also thought of introducing a less processed if not completely super healthy ice cream to my two boys, my toddler, who is now 15 months and my eldest who is turning 6 soon. One can’t ask for a better validation than the speed at which this ice cream vanished from the container.
Give it a try and let me know if you did. Enjoy a healthy, guilt free icy, dairy and sugar free!
I hope you all enjoy a less cruel summer than moi, or at least you live with the perspective of an exotic summer holiday away from the blazing sun.
And don’t forget… design a life you love!
Leave me a comment below. I will wait to hear from you.
- 5 frozen bananas
- 500g frozen strawberries
- 250 ml coconut cream
- Optional: honey, 1 tsp vanilla essence
- You can prepare for this delicious desert the night prior. Put the bananas, strawberry in the freezer. Put the coconut cream can in the fridge.
- Peel off the bananas and put them together with the strawberries in a blender/juice mixer.
- Open the coconut cream can and drain any liquid. Add only the emulsified cream to the fruit mix. Blend together for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- You can serve immediately topped with your favorite nuts or alternatively, freeze it in a container for a harder consistency and serve later. I recommend about 4 hours in the freezer if you use frozen fruits, otherwise, if you decide to use fresh ingredients you will have to wait 6-8 hours.
- You can use fresh strawberries and bananas too.