With our quotidian busy schedule aligned in diaries and endless to do lists, long working hours and even more frustrating traffic these days, we rarely find time for a quick healthy, guilt-free dessert.
We come to you with this effortless gluten free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free, kid friendly recipe and we encourage you to try it. It barely takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15-20 min to bake.
- 3 bananas (about 1 1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I used fresh shredded coconut but you can use dry coconut and reduce the baking time)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (be creative)
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash bananas, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoonfuls of "dough" in your palm and gently form it into a ball with your fingers. It will be soft and crumbly. If you have a medium ice-cream scoop handy, you may as well use it.
- Place it on prepared cookie sheet and gently flatten with the back of a fork. You may have to reshape it a little.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool for a few minutes before eating. You may have to adjust the baking time with 5-10 min if you used fresh shredded coconut as it takes a bit longer for the moisture to evaporate and for the cookies to reach the desired texture.