On the other hand, here in the UAE we can call it Friday picnic instead of Sunday 🙂
This super healthy salad is very easy to prepare and carry in an airtight container. Makes a delicious side salad for any barbecue but it can equally be a meal on its own.
- 2 cans of cooked chickpeas
- 3 bell peppers of different colors (I like red, orange and green but you could get creative with the choice)
- 2 medium onions (I used white but then again you can select your own favorite)
- 1 handful each of parsley and coriander leaves
- 3 green chilies (you can choose to use less or more based on your taste preference)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp of oil olive
- 1 ts cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 1. Drain and rinse thoroughly the canned chickpeas and add them to your salad bowl.
- 2. Wash all your vegetables and chop them finely. Add them to the chickpeas.
- 3. Peal the garlic cloves, chop them finely or otherwise use the garlic crusher if you find it easier.
- 4. Wash the lemon and squeeze the juice in a small bowl. Add the garlic and olive oil and mix well.
- 5. Add the dressing and seasoning to the rest of the ingredients and toss them gently together.
It is best if chilled for 30 min to 1 hour, but then again, it depends on how hungry you are 🙂
Let me know if you tried the recipe and what do you think about it? What other ingredients would to try to add for a better taste?