Adding turmeric (which contains the powerful golden-hued polyphenol curcumin) to what is this miracle veggie, cauliflower, may be especially powerful in fighting cancer. This anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich dish cooks up in just five minutes, making it perfect for lunch, dinner or even a quick snack. Impressively, one serving of this dish provides 181% of the daily value for vitamin C, 46% for vitamin K, and 33% for folate!
Yield: 2 Servings
- ½ kg cauliflower (one healthy medium size head)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth; otherwise slightly salted water will do just fine
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4tbs of our Karpea Gourmet extra virgin olive oil lemon flavored or 4 tbs of Kerpea natural extra virgin olive oil Greek dressing.
- alternatively 3 tbs Karpea ORGANIC extra virgin olive oil with 2 tsp lemon juice;
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- At the market, select a firm head with no yellow or brown spots on the surface. Place it upside down in a ball with cold salted water and leave it for 15 min to make sure that any insects or harmful pesticides are removed.
- Cut cauliflower florets into quarters.
- Press or chop garlic.
- Heat the salted water or broth in a stainless steel skillet on medium heat.
- When broth begins to steam, add cauliflower and turmeric and cover. For “al dente” cauliflower, cook for no more than 5 minutes.
- Strain and transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss cauliflower with the Mediterranean dressing while it is still hot.
Have you cooked any of our recipes? Please let us know what you think and if you found any improvements to these recipes. We will be very happy to share it with our readers.
Do you have any other suggestions for healthy cauliflower recipes? Share it with us at [email protected]