Since it is, Valentine’s Day I thought of a dessert that incorporates loads of healthy ingredients: carrot cupcakes!!! Yay!!! I thought of a way of including super proteins (that protein) into baking and it just turned to be a fantastic recipe. Here is what you get when a carrot cake meets @thatprotein:
Preparation time: 1h
Yields: 16 cupcakes
2 cups finely grated carrots
¼ cup that protein – I Heart Pumpkin and Chia Seed Super Protein
¼ cup that protein – Blissful Brown Rice and Raw Cacao Super Protein
3 large eggs
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups organic oats
1 cup Sugar (I suggest organic)
1 cup organic flour
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 tbs cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tbs nutmeg (optional)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200 grade C
- Lightly oil a 16-cupcake tray. I have used disposable aluminum cupcakes just in case the mix yields more than 16 pieces.
- Wash, peel and finely grate 3 carrots – or enough for 2 cups
- Mix all dry ingredients (that protein, oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder)
- Beat the eggs with sugar until sugar is incorporated, then add the carrots, olive oil, vanilla essence and walnuts.
- Mix the dry with the wet ingredients.
- With a large spoon fill in the cupcake forms to about 2/3
- Bake it in the oven for about 35-40 min. Try inserting a toothpick in the center of a cupcake. If the toothpick comes out dry, then the cupcakes are ready.
- Let them cool before decorating it with your favorite toppings.